COVID VACCINATION PROGRAMME – 23.09.2021
Lighthouse Medical Practice continues to work in partnership with South Downs Health and Care (SDHC) to provide our patients with COVID-19 Vaccines. This model allows SDHC to provide the Vaccination service in full and allows us to ensure that the Practice continues to focus on patient care and continues to provide the significant number of appointments that we do every week for GP services.
The booster programme commences today.
- Please wait to be contacted by SDHC or the NHS England Team, the Practice team is unable to provide any further information or book you in directly for the vaccine
- As with the previous vaccines those aged 80 years old and over will be invited first, working down the age groups to 50 years old, as well as those who are in the clinically extremely vulnerable group. The current aim is to have those aged over 70 years old vaccinated by 14th November and those between 50 – 70 years old by the end of 2021.
- You will be invited by SDHC via letter (for those without mobiles), text messages or by phone calls
- If you are housebound and this is known to your Practice, SDHC will be in touch with you to organise a home visit
- Important – If you are unable to attend an appointment that has been given to you by SDHC, you do NOT need to take any action, you do NOT need to contact SDHC or the practice, patients who do not attend are contacted again in due course with another appointment.
- The current location of the site is The Harbour Community Centre, The Crumbles, Pevensey Bay Rd, Eastbourne, BN23 6JH.
- Plans are being considered to ensure those who may find it difficult to travel to the site can have local access, however this is not guaranteed and may take a few weeks to come to fruition. It is therefore advised that those who are invited and can travel to the site should do so to avoid any delays in receiving the vaccine
COVID STATUS CHECKER
Please click here to be able to share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel.
NEW SITE FROM 6th APRIL 2021
As leisure facilities are opening up, we are having to move our vaccination centre. The new vaccination centre is at;
Harbour Community Centre,
Pevensey Bay Road,
The centre will be clearly signposted and there is ample parking a short walk away with clearly marked routes to the centre. The centre is on the Bus route 5A but other buses also go to the Harbour area. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables
For any queries the best way to contact is via email [email protected] and someone will get back to you. Our phone number for emergency issues only is 03301244002. Please do NOT contact your Practice.
South Downs Health and Care (SDHC) continue to provide the COVID-19 vaccination programme for our patients. The Practice is unable to book or manage queries relating to the booster programme or the 12 – 15 year old’s. SDHC will be in touch with patients directly to manage their bookings. Our Practice is linked with the SDHC – The Harbour Community Centre, The Crumbles, Pevensey Bay Rd, Eastbourne, BN23 6JH. Please do not contact the practice and wait to be invited by SDHC or you can also book by calling 119 and using the National Booking System Online when these open.
Warning over COVID vaccination scams
Be on your guard against fraudulent text and email messages as new scams are being sent to patients.
People are receiving a text or email notification of their ‘vaccination appointment’ and are being asked to confirm it by clicking on a link.
This looks very similar to the genuine texts being sent to patients to arrange their appointments at the GP led vaccination services.
Please follow the advice below.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is ONLY available from the NHS and it is FREE – you will never be asked to pay for it or give your bank details .
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you receive a text or email that you believe to be fraudulent please delete it. Please be assured that if you don’t respond because you are worried and it is a genuine text or email, you will remain on the vaccination list and be contacted again
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
Guidance on official NHS texts
- An official NHS text message from our local GP Federation SDHC, will include their details, GP Federation or SDHC. It may also include details of the vaccination centre, The Sovereign Centre. Scam text messages and emails usually don’t include his information
- An official NHS text message from the national booking system will be a reminder text so will include details of your booked appointment include date, time and location
Our Federation vaccination service in Eastbourne is working alongside these other services. You have a choice where you receive your vaccination. We would encourage you to use the Federation service as many of our GPs and staff are working there.
Our Federation ,SDHC, will contact you directly to arrange an appointment at our vaccination service.
We thank you for your support.
As part of the CCG’s “When will I get my jab?” public campaign they have produced a series of materials, including a specific animation relating to these letters:
- How will I get my jab? (animation) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4DLdKD6uw
- I have received a letter, what do I do? (animation) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ame-eJ4RUSU
- How will I be invited? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtDEiOK46GM
- What is a vaccination centre? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izprZWWYe9w
- For continued updated information from the Government: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Email us: [email protected]
The CCG have set up a dedicated inbox for enquiries about the vaccination programme. If you have any queries please email them at [email protected]
We would also politely ask you not to contact your GP Practice about the COVID vaccinations as we need their telephone lines to be kept open for patients who need medical help and support.