COVID VACCINATION PROGRAMME – 20.12.21
Following the recent national announcement with regards to the COVID booster vaccination, we are stepping up our support for the programme to help all of our patients get their booster.
We are therefore prioritising our workload and will not be providing our usual full service. Please continue to attend any appointments you have scheduled unless you hear from us directly.
For minor illnesses or ailments, please speak to your local pharmacist or see our self care section on the website.
For COVID vaccination bookings or queries you can email SDHC on [email protected] or call 0330 124 4002 for further information following your invitation. You can also find more information on their website http://www.sdhc.org.uk/ufaq-category/covid-19-vaccinations/
Please note our phone lines are currently blocked with COVID booking queries that is beyond our control. Our staff are also being subjected to daily abuse – therefore we will terminate any calls relating to this.
However, if you have new, persistent or worrying symptoms then please ensure you contact us directly.
COVID STATUS CHECKER
Please click here to be able to share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel.
NEW SITE FROM 6th APRIL 2021
As leisure facilities are opening up, we are having to move our vaccination centre. The new vaccination centre is at;
Harbour Community Centre,
Pevensey Bay Road,
The centre will be clearly signposted and there is ample parking a short walk away with clearly marked routes to the centre. The centre is on the Bus route 5A but other buses also go to the Harbour area. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables
For any queries the best way to contact is via email [email protected] and someone will get back to you. Our phone number for emergency issues only is 03301244002. Please do NOT contact your Practice.
Across Sussex the NHS and its partners are working extremely hard to roll out the COVID-19 booster vaccination programme to our communities.
All adults are eligible from Monday 13 December, and you will be able to book via the National Booking System from Wednesday 15 December.
You can book your booster for 3 months from the date of second vaccine, and you can access the National Booking System to book the appointment from 2 months.
We are working at pace to increase the availability of appointments so that there are plenty of options for people on the National Booking System. Some local vaccination services will also contact patients directly.
New appointments are being added every day across our vaccination services. We have been offering more than 80,000 appointments a week and in the last two weeks we have increased the number of available appointments by more than 10,000 a week. Further availability will come online from Wednesday 15 December.
We will be working with all of our sites to take further steps to increase what they can offer again, including opening later and on more days.
All of these appointments will be added to the National Booking System and so we encourage everyone who is aged 18 and over, is yet to have their booster and who is approaching 3 months from your second vaccine to use the National Booking System to arrange your appointment when you are able to do so.
In terms of any planned appointments with us, there are no changes at the current time and everyone should attend your planned appointments as normal. If we need to make any changes, we will contact you directly.
See more about the vaccination programme in Sussex, including the vaccination services: COVID-19 vaccinations – Sussex Health & Care Partnership (sussexhealthandcare.uk)
Lighthouse Medical Practice continues to work in partnership with South Downs Health and Care (SDHC) to provide our patients with COVID-19 Vaccines. This model allows SDHC to provide the Vaccination service in full and allows us to ensure that the Practice continues to focus on patient care and continues to provide the significant number of appointments that we do every week for GP services.
We are aware that patients are receiving letters for 3rd dose COVID-19 vaccinations and letters for boosters, as well as the public announcement to book your appointment if you are over 6 months.
The practice is working with our local GP Federation, South Downs Health and Care (SDHC).
They will be in contact with patients who are 6 months post second dose, or need a 3rd dose, via text message or letters inviting you to attend the vaccination centre at The Crumbles, Pevensey Bay Road, Eastbourne, BN23 6JH.
Please DO NOT contact the practice as we have no further information than this to provide.
You can email SDHC on [email protected] or call 0330 124 4002 for further information following your invitation. You can also find more information on their website http://www.sdhc.org.uk/ufaq-category/covid-19-vaccinations/
Please be advised that SDHC are experiencing an extremely high volume of queries and they ask for your patience at this time, so please wait for them to make contact with you.
The practice phone lines are extremely busy with regular practice demand, so please hang up if you are calling about COVID vaccinations.
The booster programme commences today 23.09.21
- Please wait to be contacted by SDHC or the NHS England Team, the Practice team is unable to provide any further information or book you in directly for the vaccine
- As with the previous vaccines those aged 80 years old and over will be invited first, working down the age groups to 50 years old, as well as those who are in the clinically extremely vulnerable group. The current aim is to have those aged over 70 years old vaccinated by 14th November and those between 50 – 70 years old by the end of 2021.
- You will be invited by SDHC via letter (for those without mobiles), text messages or by phone calls
- If you are housebound and this is known to your Practice, SDHC will be in touch with you to organise a home visit
- Important – If you are unable to attend an appointment that has been given to you by SDHC, you do NOT need to take any action, you do NOT need to contact SDHC or the practice, patients who do not attend are contacted again in due course with another appointment.
- The current location of the site is The Harbour Community Centre, The Crumbles, Pevensey Bay Rd, Eastbourne, BN23 6JH.
- Plans are being considered to ensure those who may find it difficult to travel to the site can have local access, however this is not guaranteed and may take a few weeks to come to fruition. It is therefore advised that those who are invited and can travel to the site should do so to avoid any delays in receiving the vaccine
South Downs Health and Care (SDHC) continue to provide the COVID-19 vaccination programme for our patients. The Practice is unable to book or manage queries relating to the booster programme or the 12 – 15 year old’s. SDHC will be in touch with patients directly to manage their bookings. Our Practice is linked with the SDHC – The Harbour Community Centre, The Crumbles, Pevensey Bay Rd, Eastbourne, BN23 6JH. Please do not contact the practice and wait to be invited by SDHC or you can also book by calling 119 and using the National Booking System Online when these open.
Warning over COVID vaccination scams
Be on your guard against fraudulent text and email messages as new scams are being sent to patients.
People are receiving a text or email notification of their ‘vaccination appointment’ and are being asked to confirm it by clicking on a link.
This looks very similar to the genuine texts being sent to patients to arrange their appointments at the GP led vaccination services.
Please follow the advice below.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is ONLY available from the NHS and it is FREE – you will never be asked to pay for it or give your bank details .
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you receive a text or email that you believe to be fraudulent please delete it. Please be assured that if you don’t respond because you are worried and it is a genuine text or email, you will remain on the vaccination list and be contacted again
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
Guidance on official NHS texts
- An official NHS text message from our local GP Federation SDHC, will include their details, GP Federation or SDHC. It may also include details of the vaccination centre, The Sovereign Centre. Scam text messages and emails usually don’t include his information
- An official NHS text message from the national booking system will be a reminder text so will include details of your booked appointment include date, time and location
Our Federation vaccination service in Eastbourne is working alongside these other services. You have a choice where you receive your vaccination. We would encourage you to use the Federation service as many of our GPs and staff are working there.
Our Federation ,SDHC, will contact you directly to arrange an appointment at our vaccination service.
We thank you for your support.
As part of the CCG’s “When will I get my jab?” public campaign they have produced a series of materials, including a specific animation relating to these letters:
- How will I get my jab? (animation) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4DLdKD6uw
- I have received a letter, what do I do? (animation) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ame-eJ4RUSU
- How will I be invited? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtDEiOK46GM
- What is a vaccination centre? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izprZWWYe9w
- For continued updated information from the Government: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
Email us: [email protected]
The CCG have set up a dedicated inbox for enquiries about the vaccination programme. If you have any queries please email them at [email protected]
We would also politely ask you not to contact your GP Practice about the COVID vaccinations as we need their telephone lines to be kept open for patients who need medical help and support.